going wherever my red shoes take me.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

clarity.

You remember that John Mayer song?


It has nothing to do with this blog post. But you should probably listen to it anyway.

Friday is my day off. My day to be slovenly. . . Or supposed to be slovenly. Instead, this past Friday, I woke up at 7:45, flossed, cut my split ends, did a load of laundry, cleaned my drip pans. . . And then it was 9 a.m.

I think my point is that I need to cool it. And some of you that are reading this [Who probably don't know me all that well] is that I'm always like this. I'm ALWAYS like this. I need a project. I need a goal. I'm a woman on a mission. ALWAYS. I am a very focused individual. Unflinchingly focused.


But I still get to marry Adam.

But, after reading a Chuck Norris themed blog I posted a while ago [With regards to planning a wedding for everyone else and to fit the unflinchingly rigid standards of our venue], people have come out of the woodwork to ask how I'm doing. Which is very sweet. And shows me that I'm surrounded by people who understand that, sometimes, my quirks and my dark sense of humor are a masked cry for help.

This was not a cry for help. Feel free to ask me about the wedding!

Here are just some small facts:

- Adam & I love each other so much, that we decided we wanted to hang out with each other and annoy each other with our bodily functions until we die.

- It will be here. As in, North Texas. Mainly because I have a very tight, rigid schedule that doesn't allow for room to be spending 10 hours in a car making round trips back to my hometown. And I love my mom too much to force her to be there doing everything for me. That's just mean. Also, it's easier for Virginians to get here than to get to my home town.

- Bridesmaids are wearing dark grey dresses. Of their choosing, from a list of 10 that I picked out. They will be holding white & yellow flowers. The colors are dark grey & yellow. With hints of orange and a dark/raspberry pink. I will be wearing flats. And yes, I know I'm 5'2". But I also don't want to wear anything that doesn't reflect my personality on my wedding day - call me crazy, but I want to look like me. And wear shoes that are me. Not some stripper shoes. Kind of defeats the whole point of a white dress, if you know what I mean. No, I don't want to get married in June. I have never wanted to get married in any of the summer months. Yes, I think that June weddings are lovely. They are also expensive.

- We registered. For everything. In a day. The highlights of the registry: A KitchenAid mixer [Squeal!], a Wii with Mario Kart [Little nervous that my overly-competitive edge in this game could end our marriage within the first 6 months], a Keurig [7 a.m. headed to class or work me just did a Tiger Pump], and a cupcake/cake carrier [My Gladware, which I yell at with gusto every time I take cupcakes or cakes anywhere, just heaved a sigh of relief].

- March 10th is just a day. Just one day. So what we're both really excited about is living what happens after that one day. We're excited for March 11th. And then every day after that.

- We are very excited for March 10th of 2013. Because the top part of our cake is going to be awesome to eat.

That's all for now.

My point is that I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed that people are trying to throttle me for info like an 83-year-old heiress throttles sturgeon for caviar. It gets exhausting talking about me all the time. Really. I'm just not a fan. As I have become older and more senile, I just don't like attention.

I would much rather hear about you. Really. I would. I mean, hello - I'm halfway to a master's in social work. You really think that translates into me being a bad listener or someone who enjoy's attention?

Plus, I have way more interesting things to talk about than just one day of my life.

Example(s):

  • A & I went to a Rangers game & saw one of my Top 5'ers [Blog post later on that one], Josh Hamilton get a grand slam! Which meant free carpet & counter=tops for some people!
  • It finally rained here! A & I were eating Chipotle for lunch, outside. And we sat outside, huddled under the porch umbrella, munching on lime chips and salsa, while watching rain fall for the first time in a very long time. Which to me, spoke volumes about us. It even reminded me of just how excited I am to marry Adam.
  • Don't ever let Adam deceive you - He secretly harbors some of the most epic dance moves known to man kind.
  • We've gotten some good quality time in with some couple friends. Which has been so awesome. Don't get me wrong, single friends are still fun. And I still love single friends. But there's something different about hanging with couples. Don't hate.
  • I started reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. See ya never, grad school readings.
  • Felicity is now streaming on Netflix. See you never ever, grad school readings.
  • AND MY OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS ARE THE #5 TEAM IN THE NATION. And A & I scored tickets to America's Greatest Homecoming Celebration. We're coming for you, Baylor [This means we're going to be at Homecoming; both walkarounds & the game the next day. I'm so excited to show Adam the HUGE homecoming tradition OSU has. Get excited].

See? Isn't that way more interesting than me wearing a big white bow on my as. . . haunches?

No comments:

Post a Comment